When I need a little spice to my evening but don’t have a ton of time to cook, Mexican food is a go-to. What I love about these Buffalo Chicken Tacos by Gimme Some Oven is their twist on traditional southern flavors. The sweet heat of the buffalo sauce paired with ranch or blue cheese is also a crowd pleaser, so consider this for a game night gathering or when hostessing a group. If you happen to have leftover chicken, this is a great way to utilize it! The filling can also be served over a bed of crispy greens for an intensely pleasing salad. Whatever way you choose to enjoy it, be sure to tell us about it in the comments or during your next stop by the office!
Buffalo Chicken TacosSoft shelled Buffalo Chicken Tacos from Gimme Some Oven Blog.
1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
⅔ cup buffalo sauce
1 package Old El Paso Small Flour Tortillas or Stand & Stuff Tortillas
4 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
½ cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
2-3 tbsp. fresh lime juice, for tossing avocado in
Optional toppings: extra crumbled blue cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, thinly-sliced green onions, fresh lime wedges to squeeze.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the corn kernels and let them dry-roast for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until their edges begin to brown and caramelize. Remove from heat, and transfer the corn to a separate plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss chopped avocado with lime juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss chicken and buffalo sauce until combined. Set aside.
- To assemble the tortillas, place your small tortillas (or a Stand & Stuff tortillas) on a flat work surface. Portion the lettuce evenly between the tortillas. Then top each tortilla with an even portion of the chicken, corn, and avocado. Drizzle each with the blue cheese dressing, then sprinkle on optional toppings if desired
- Serve immediately.
- If you want an extra spicy kick, feel free to drizzle the tacos with extra buffalo sauce.