April Fort Worth Events To Check Out!
The spring weather is finally here and it beckons us out of our winter hibernation. While we in Fort Worth, Texas know our winter temperatures aren’t the worst in the county, we still prefer the warm weather over the Texas cold.
Thanks to the warmer weather, we can finally start planning events outside and soaking in that natural vitamin D. If you’re looking for things to do in the Fort Worth area to get out of the house, then we have you covered! From concerts to cattle and everything in between, we have picked out our favorite upcoming events in Fort Worth in the coming months. Get out your calendar, because there are lots of things you won’t want to miss!
Do your kids have cabin fever as bad as you do, or worse? We all know Fort Worth is a family-friendly city, but here are a few upcoming events that will be sure to thrill the littlest ones.
- A Day out with Thomas: Join your favorite trains Thomas and Percy and trusty conductor Sr. Tophamm Hat for a meet and greet and train ride! Here your kids will be able to meet their favorite characters and learn more about the railroad. Bring your camera for the photo ops!
- 2018 Strider Cup: This tot-friendly bike race is great for your little athletes under six. With some races geared for those two and under, even the youngest members of the family can have fun. Organizers hope this race will help spark a love of biking for all participants!
- Beauty and the Beast: The Casa Mañana Theater is soon to be hosting the classic, The Beauty and the Beast. For any Bell fans, you can also include a tea with characters from the show. Create young theater lovers with a night out at this show!
If you’re looking to get out and spend time with friends, this is a great time of year to visit a festival. Here are some of our favorites:
- Mayfest: This huge, four-day party is held every year on the first weekend in May at Trinity Park. This event features live music, festival food, carnival rides, performing arts, pet adoptions, more than 60 Art and Gift Market vendors, free children’s activities, special attractions…the list goes on and on! This event benefits The Junior League of Fort Worth, Inc., Streams & Valleys, Inc., and The City of Fort Worth Park and Recreation Department.
- El Feurte/Taco Fest 2018: As the largest Cinco de Mayo event in Fort Worth, you can guarantee the competition is fierce for the best taco. Come and celebrate diverse cultures through music, food, and live entertainment.
- Main Street Fort Worth Arts Festival: Texas’s largest arts festival will find its home for the 33rd time in Fort Worth at the end of April. Featuring award-winning artists and art in all mediums, this event has been ranked the 4th best art festival in the United States.
Finally, here’s a quick list of a few more of our favorite things to be on the lookout for in Fort Worth in the coming months:
- A Night of Artisans and Chefs
- Bike-N-BBQ Tour
- First Fridays and the Modern
- Stockyard Championship Rodeo
There is so much to do this spring in Fort Worth that it will be hard to fit it all in. We’ll keep updating our list as events pop up, so let us know if you see something interesting!
Also published on Medium.